Director of Operations, Sales & Marketing
Artist Travel Consultants – NYC, NY USA
The Director of Operations, Sales & Marketing will be responsible for driving revenue in new and existing markets for Artists Travel Consultants. The company is looking forward to further solidifying current and developing new business to expand on their extremely successful operations that are already in place as an inside sales pipeline with Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY).
- Responsible for overseeing the sales and agent staff, with the following priorities:
– Hire, train, mentor, support and manage the agent team;
– Plan workflow, benchmark and track department goals to meet or exceed company & department annual and monthly goals;
– Review, design and implement systems to improve team performance, maintain productivity and workflow;
– Work to fully understand margin and budget responsibility.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of each bid against ATC’s resources and goals; the client history & their probability of travel; profit potential and trip feasibility. Assign accounts to agents to make an introductory and prospect calls. Establish training for introduction and prospecting to the internal team, to re-qualify, overcome objections and create confidence in ATC products.
- Complete the bid process from creating itineraries, vendor contracting, pricing, generating a sell at rate and presenting the bid to the client. Responsible for working with Agents to close the bid by making recommendations and changes whenever necessary.
- Proof each bid upon its completion by any team member to insure that everything has been priced accurately, the itinerary matches and margin goals are met. Make recommendations as necessary to change the program to meet clients’ expected price points.
- Track the status on all programs and be knowledgeable and available to answers questions as a backup to the primary agent if they are unavailable.
- Complete market research and have an in-depth knowledge of the marketplace. Make this information readily available throughout the organization by reports and training meetings.
- Be responsible for setting the direction for the department within the entire company and work with all departments in order to accomplish goals of the company and service to our clients.
- Develop content for great sales meetings and communicate effectively with the agent sales team
- Conducts site inspections as needed
- Be the lead on programs as needed in the office and on site as necessary.
- Any other responsibilities as outline by the principals
- Be a successful entrepreneur in an independent environment
Education and Experience:
- The qualified candidates for this position will have a thorough understanding of the travel industry, specifically with experience in travel management, large group travel, tour/ wholesale operations, and or partner vendors to these industries.
- Experience in travel with choral, instrumental, musical, student and educational groups is an asset.
- A sales background with leadership experience as a Director of Sales is required.
- Proven experience in developing AND implementing strategy with examples of success will be key to advancing as a candidate for the position.
- Facility with Salesforce or a comparable CRM system and Excel is a requirement and is an integral portion of the running of this team and this office.
- There is direct client engagement, a personality that enjoys sales process is necessary.
- A Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum and/ or the above mentioned work experience is required.
Please forward your resume, 3 references, and a cover letter letting us know why we should meet you to Jobs@ArtistTravels.com.