Travel Consultant Opening – Artist Travel Consultants – NYC, NY USA
We are currently seeking an experienced, outgoing and driven travel consultant who is self-motivated and loves that kind of independence as well as being a Team Player and sharing Best Practices. Artist Travel Consultants is a top rated NYC travel agency with unlimited growth opportunity servicing domestic and international group & FIT travelers, many involved with the performing arts industry.
As a preferred provider to DCINY we have a large client base of talented and seasoned travelling groups accustomed to quality arrangements and special handling.
- Our travel consultants require a minimum of 2+ years experience in the travel industry booking travel both domestically and internationally, inclusive of hotel, air, sightseeing, etc.
- Ideal candidate should have group sales experience with all facets of the sales process including hotel, and air contracts.
- Sell travel packages to clients including itineraries, cruises, tours as well as car, hotel, airfare, and hotel accommodations.
- Plan all aspects of travel packages for clients meticulously and thoroughly.
- Must be well organized in a fast paced environment and able to pre-plan your business needs to maximize your time efficiently.
- Develop and manage relationships with our growing member base.
- Develop a relationship with customers by sharing advice and travel knowledge to encourage continued business with ongoing follow up and contact.
- Be a “problem solver” for our artists’ travel requests. Proactively anticipate needs of clients.
- Research and provide intuitive travel intelligence on request.
- Geography and internal destination knowledge is a must.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with clients.
- Candidates should possess decisive and successful problem solving skills, be detail-oriented and have effective verbal communication skills.
- Computer and organizational skills are required – including Microsoft Word & Excel – Salesforce, GDS knowledge and ticketing is a plus.
- Strong verbal, written, and phone communication skills.
- Flexibility to sometimes work extended hours and weekends.
- Good people person who will present ideas and options that will generate sales.
- Based in the New York Tri-State area (NY, NJ, and CT) for a Manhattan office.
Knowledge of and familiarity with classical music of choral and instrumental groups and the performances our clients have at major concert venues like Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center is a plus but not required.
Immediate hire for the right individual. Base salary, including benefits, 401K, plus commission based on individual sales. Please forward your resume, 3 references, and a cover letter letting us know why we should meet you to Jobs@ArtistTravels.com.